Here’s the snapshot of my WFH experience (though I’ve done it in the past, not as many continuous days as this time).
- Gained weight. I was on a consultant diet for the last three weeks and had lost 3 kgs. Looks like I eat at leisure while at home and gained 2 kgs over the last one week.
- I eat my meals on time, but while at the office I am known to procrastinate meals and eat them all together later. However, I drink less water while at home. And I miss pantry talks.
- Missing the office AC. The room where I’ve set up my work from home corner is damn hot. Internet at the office was heavenly, too.
- Missing my people around, especially the G&A team of FullContact. Meetings having been moved online, I’ve started missing meeting people in real. Added to it, I am in HR.
- I fail to switch to work attire though many on the web suggest doing so.
- Productivity swings. At times, I am underproductive while productivity soars up sometimes.
- Feeling unnaturally sleepy after lunches (while at the office, it doesn’t happen quite often).
- Kid at home & Working at home together is a bad idea.
- Last but not the least, I am living two more days in a month. I have a two-hour transit daily, multiply that by 24 and you get 48 hours = 2 days!